Slavic people used to bake using a simple sourdough starter. In Ukraine healthy leaven for fermentation were cultiveted in every family.
The simplest sourdough starter made from flour and warm water. It is well known from ancient times when people began to make bread from dough with leaven agents. It is natural and good for health. This starter is added to different types of dough to make tasty fluffy bread, pancakes, cakes.
When You take sour dough starter then leave some old starter in jar and make from it new starter, just adding flour and water and keeping in good conditions
The first bread from new dough starter won't be very high and soft but still very tasty. The older starter is the better bread will be
- wheat flour - 400 g
Wheat flour is a powder that is obtained by grinding wheat..
Wheat varieties are called “clean”, “white”, “brown” or “hard” if they have high gluten content, and they are called “soft” or “weak” flour if gluten content is low. Hard flour, or bread flour, is high in gluten, with 12% to 14% gluten content, and has elastic toughness that holds its shape well once baked. Soft flour is comparatively low in gluten
- water - 500 ml
1. 300 g. sifted flour pour warm ( room temperature ) water.
2. Stir flour with water. Carefully fold the flour with water to the consistency of liquid dough for pancakes.
3. Cover dishes with sourdough bread lid. Ware is best to use a ceramic or glass .
4. Put the dough starter in a warm dry and dark place , you can also wrap a jar with blanket .
5. On the second day open jar and thoroughly mix the contents. Adds another 100g. sifted flour and carefully fold back and put in a warm dark and dry place for another day. Then use a ready-made starter at the rate given weight of 0.7 kg. flour.