Doughnuts (ua. Pampushky) are traditional little round fried buns. In the ole ethnic recipe they are made from dough that includes leavening agents.
Doughnuts can be made of different types of flours (wheat, oat, rye, buckwheat), with fillings or without them. In Ukraine very popular are sweet Doughnuts with poppy seeds (ua. Pampushky z makom).
Pampushky as the ancient ritual dish were made for weddings, funerals and big holidays such as Ukrainian Christmas (Rizdvo), Ukrainian Easter (Velykden).
- instead of water can be taken warm water
- pampuhy can be prepared without eggs
- You can take packet of active fresh yeasts (50 g) or active dry yeast or hops sourdough starter (100 g) or the simplest sourdough starter (100 g)
- oil should be taken much so that the doughnuts could swim in it
- remember that it is not necessary to put on a lot of doughnuts into a pan at once , as they will increase during the heating
- ready doughnuts can be sprinkled with powdered sugar and serve with jam
- wheat flour - 500 g
- milk - 200 ml
- egg - 1
- vegetable oil (rapeseed oil) - 250 ml
- yeast - 50 g
- apple jam - 200 g
- sugar - 50 g
- powdered sugar - 10 g
Prepare all the ingredients for Donuts with apple jam
Fold yeast with warm milk and one teaspoon of sugar and put in a warm place. When fit, add rest of sugar and sifted flour, 50 ml of oil, egg, and make elastic dough. We put it in a warm place for two hours to stay and grow.
Cover with half of filling the second half of the dough and cut by glass donuts. Give a little dumplings stand and grow .
In very good pre-heated oil in a pan put doughnuts, cover with a lid and reduce the heat to very little . When the doughnuts are lightly browned , turn the other side and keep ready.