Fresh cheese with spices and herbs in oil is very tasty as itself and as the addition to different dishes. This very old, popular and well known technology how to prepare is really simple and doesn’t take a lot of time
- you will need two jars 0,5 l. - one for cheese and one for oil and spices
- this cheese should be stored in the refrigerator not more than 1 month
- oil from marinated cheese is very good for salads
- you can marinate fresh goat cheese, fresh cow cheese or another type of cheese
- jar shake several times a day gently for cheese better absorbed spices
- fresh goat cheese - 500 g
- vegetable oil (sunflower oil) - 300 ml
- spicy red pepper pod - 5 g
- red chilli powder - 10 g
- freshly ground black pepper - 5 g
- black peppercorn - 8
Dried pepper has been used since antiquity for its flavor as spice
- parsley - 10 g
- cumin seeds - 5 g
- anise seeds - 5 g
Anise is s a flowering plant, sweet and very aromatic, distinguished by its characteristic flavor.
Anise seeds are used in cooking as a spice, in baking, desserts, beverages, sausage making, candy, stewed fruits, fruit pies, beef stew, fish dishes, etc.
- bay leaf - 1
Bay leaf (plural bay leaves) refers to the aromatic leaves of several plants used in cooking.
- dried dill stalks - 3
- salt - to taste
Salt is a mineral substance composed primarily of sodium chloride (NaCl)
Salt is present in most foods, but in naturally occurring foodstuffs such as meats, vegetables and fruit, it is present in very small quantities. It is often added to processed foods to make their flavour more appealing and is also present at higher levels in preserved foods.
In many East Asian cultures, salt is not traditionally used as a condiment.In its place, condiments such as soy sauce, fish sauce and oyster sauce tend to have a high sodium content and fill a similar role to table salt in western cultures. They are most often used for cooking rather than as table condiments.
Table salt is made up of just under 40% sodium by weight, so a 6 g serving (1 teaspoon) contains about 2,300 mg of sodium.
Sodium serves a useful purpose in the human body: it helps nerves and muscles to function correctly, and it is one of the factors involved in the autoregulation of water content (fluid balance). Most of the sodium in the Western diet comes from salt
Too much sodium is bad for health, and health organizations generally recommend that people reduce their dietary intake of salt. High salt intake is associated with a significantly greater risk of stroke and total cardiovascular disease in susceptible people. In adults and children with no acute illness, a decrease in the intake of sodium from the typical high levels reduces blood pressure and provides a health benefit, and a low salt diet results in an even greater improvement in blood pressure in those with hypertension than in those without. A reduction in salt intake of 5 g per day has been found to be associated with a 23% reduction in the rate of stroke and a 17% reduction in the rate of total cardiovascular disease. The World Health Organization recommends that all adults should consume less than 2,000 mg of sodium (5 g of salt) per day. A 2013 report from the Institute of Medicine states that there is insufficient evidence to show that there is any additional benefit in lowering sodium intake to less than 2,300 mg per day.
1. Bay leaf and stems of dill put in sterilized jars, separately all the other spices mix thoroughly.
2. Goat cheese cut ~ 1x1 cm size and put in the bank's 0.5 l with bay leaves and stalks of fennel.
3. In a separate clean jar pour oil and add the thoroughly mixed spices.
4. Mix oil with spices.
5. Fill the jar with cheese with spices oil. Give it to stand in a cool place (preferably in the refrigerator) for three days.