Mushrooms were very famous a lot of centuries ago and they were gathered in deep forests in ancient times by Slavic people. In traditional Ukrainian recipes different types of mushrooms are widely used in cooking various ethnic dishes, especially delicious borshch and soups, main courses and side dishes, gravies and sauces.
Chanterelle Soup with Сheese dumplings (Halushky) from Etnocook is flavorful, healthy and tasty. This ethnic recipe has simple ingredients and takes a little time to cook.
- keep in mind that approximately the third part of water during cooking will boil away
- skin of young carrots can be scraped with a hard brush, old carrots need to be peeled
- peas can be replaced by beans, if they are dried then soak them in cold water for ah hour
- the recipe of dumplings Halushky by Etnocook
- water - 1 l
- Chanterelle mushrooms - 150 g
- carrot - 80 g
- green peas - 100 g
- sorrel - 20 g., to taste
- onion - 50 g., to taste
- green onion - 10 g., to taste
- parsnip - 50 g
- green dill - 10 g., to taste
- green parsley - 10 g., to taste
- sour cream - 50 g., to taste
- black peppercorn - 4-5
- bay leaf - 1
- Dumplings Ukrainian Halushky
- dumplings - ~ 100 g
1. Prepare all the ingredients
2. Prepare mushrooms
Properly rinse mushrooms in cold water. Soak Chanterelle in a deep bowl in lightly salted cold water (1 tablespoon salt for 2 liters of water) for 5 minutes. Drain the water, and clean them with sharp knife. Add fresh cold water, bring to boiling, reduce the heat and cook mushrooms 30 min.
3. Prepare vegetables and greenery
Slice carrot, parsnip, chop greenery
4. Fry onions
Chop onions and fry (“sauté”) very quickly on a high heat in frying pan with vegetable oil to golden colour.
5. Prepare boiled mushrooms
Take the mushrooms from the pot, rinse the broth through a gauze, thoroughly wash the pan.
6. Fry Chanterelles
Add Chanterelles to onions, mix and fry on the low heat ~10 min.
7. Add vegetables to the broth
Add peas, carrots, parsnip, bay leaf and peppercorns to the broth, bring to boil, reduce the heat and cook for 15 min. under the closed lid.
8. Add mushrooms
Put cooked forest mushrooms in the pot with vegetables
9. Cook and add dumplings to the soup
Put in the soup ready cooked Ukrainian dumplings Halushky by the ethnic recipe from Etnocook.
10. Add greenery
Put the finally chopped dill, parsley, sorrel, green onion and salt in soup, remove bay leaf and peppercorns, mix the ingredients.
11. Serve the soup
Serve the Ukrainian dish Chanterelle Soup with Сheese dumplings (Halushky) hot, additionally add sour cream to taste