It is well known that the chicken is one of the most common domestic animals in Ukraine. It has been widespread throughout the whole territory of Ukraine since ancient times. Chicken were raised practically at every household in villages during the period of Kyiv Rus (Kievan Rus). Ukrainian people used poultry, especially chicken meat as food in traditional cuisine. Etnocook presents a Ukrainian traditional recipe of chicken wings baked with different healthy herbs.
The ethnic step-by-step recipe of baked chicken wings from the traditional cuisine Etnocook is very easy. Crisp oven chicken wings with a light sauce is the perfect dish for everyday and on holidays. It is a great source of protein and aroma Ukrainian herbs such as green parsley, dill and garlic add special flavour and make them incredible tasty.
- to make the meat soft and improve its taste properties soak it in milk for half an hour, drain, and only then add spices and herbs
- also, 1 tsp of fresh lemon or orange juice is added to soften the meat
- for more golden crust sprinkle the chicken wings while baking with the sauce that formed at the bottom of the deck or add some oil on the top
- cumin has the ability to normalize digestive processes and helps with weight loss
Ingredients of the Chicken wings with Ukrainian herbs
- chicken wings - 1 kg
- vegetable oil (sunflower oil) - 50 ml
- onion - 50 g
- garlic - 3-4
- green dill - 20 g
- green onion - 50 g
- cumin seeds - ~ 5 g, to taste
- salt - ~ 4 g, to taste
- honey - ~ 1 teaspoon, to taste
1. Prepare the greenery
Wash herbs, onion and garlic peel. Cut onion, parsley and dill. Mash garlic. The third part of herbs, onion and garlic put in a separate deep bowl, add oil and mix to make a sauce (optional).
2.Prepare chicken wings
Wash wings in cold water, drain, add salt, sugar,herbs, onion, garlic, cumin seeds, mix and leave for 1 hour in a refrigirator.
3. Bake chicken wings
Put the chicken wings in a greased baking form. Bake in a preheated oven (180C, 170C under a convection mode) ~ 20 minutes, turn wings to the other side and cook until ready for another ~ 15 minutes.
4. Serve Baked Chicken Wings with Ukrainian Herbs.